On Monday, July 12th 2021, a new patch was released on ESO's PTS. Patch 7.1.0 was released and the Waking Flame DLC
Game Pack. Waking Flame adds two new 4-player dungeons to the game: Red Petal Bastion
and The Dread Cellar
. As expected, ZOS has added several new collectibles, item sets, achievements, and titles for you to acquire.
Waking Flame DLCTwo New Dungeons!
Red Petal Bastion
- Red Petal Bastion: For centuries, the honorable Knights of the Silver Rose prosecuted crusades against the servants of Oblivion. Now, they wield their Daedric plunder almost indiscriminately. Invade Red Petal Bastion and uncover the truth behind the once noble order's fall.
- The Dread Cellar: The Empire kept its darkest secrets hidden in the depths of Black Marsh, far from prying eyes—the Dread Cellar, a torture chamber meant to hold those the Empire wanted to vanish. Explore this forgotten abattoir and learn its secrets, old and new.
and The Dread Cellar
are 4-player Dungeons which can be reached via Glenumbra and Blackwood respectively. Red Petal Bastion's entrance is in northeastern Glenumbra. The entrance is east of the Burial Mounds. The Dread Cellar's entrance is located in northern Blackwood, northwest of Wilke. Both dungeons include a Normal and Veteran version, of course. They also have challenging Hard Modes for each of their three boss encounters.
These are the new sets that will be available:
Additionally, you will be able to get unique Body and Face Markings for completing the dungeon, as well as a unique Memento, several titles and unique housing items!
New Collectibles, Outfit Styles & Dyes
- The "Magma Incarnate" helm and shoulders can rarely be obtained by completing the dungeon Veteran Dread Cellar.
- The "Prior Thierric" helm and shoulders can rarely be obtained by completing the dungeon Veteran Red Petal Bastion.
- The "Agonymium Stone" can be obtained by earning the "The Dread Cellar Conqueror" achievement.
- The "Shattered Chivalry Face Tattoo" can be obtained by earning the "Arcane Analyst" achievement.
- The "Shattered Chivalry Body Tattoo" can be obtained by earning the "Red Petal Bastion Conqueror" achievement.
- The Scorion Pyreling pet can be obtained by earning the "Waking Flame Explorer" achievement.
- The "Moonshadow Orchid" dye can be obtained by earning the "Waking Flame Delver" achievement.
New Bust and Trophy furnishings have been added to commemorate victory in Red Petal Bastion and the Dread Cellar. In addition, completing these dungeons on any difficulty unlocks purchase of two new achievement furnishings from Undaunted Quartermasters – the Silver Rose Banner and Agonymium Stone, Inert. For more information on new furnishings please visit the Waking Flame DLC Furnishings List
New Achievements and Titles
Waking Flame introduces 47 new achievements, 4 new titles, 6 new collectibles, and 1 new dye.
- The "of the Silver Rose" title can be obtained by earning the "Bastion Breaker" achievement.
- The "Seeker of Artifacts" title can be obtained by earning the "Prior Offenses" achievement.
- The "The Dreaded" title can be obtained by earning the "Battlespire's Best" achievement.
- The "Incarnate" title can be obtained by earning the "Unshaken" achievement.
Waking Flame has 2 new Motifs available for testing and will be released sometime after the DLC launches.
- The first motif is the Sul-Xan Motif. The Sul-Xan Chapters can be obtained by the Rockgrove Weekly Quest. The associated style item, the Death-Hopper Vocal Sac, can be obtained by defeating Rockgrove Bosses.
- The other motif is the Black Fin Motif. The Black Fin Chapters, as well as the style item (The Marsh Nettle Sprig), can be obtained by completing Blackwood Delve Dailies.
For Update 31, the existing No-CP Cyrodiil and Imperial City campaigns will now also prohibit proc sets from firing. ZOS has expanded the number of sets from the original grouping that worked during the initial test several months ago
Rewards for the Worthy
Three new item sets have been added to the Rewards for the Worthy.
There's also some exciting changes for those that may have a weaker CPU: Multithreaded Rendering
Multithreaded Rendering (Beta) is an optional performance optimization available in the Video Settings panel. This option enables a separate thread for the render process which can improve performance and provide a smoother overall experience if the limiting factor on your device is CPU processing, rather than GPU processing. The setting change is only applied after a client restart.
Please note if you have this option enabled, you may hear your PC graphics cards working hard during loading screens. This is expected with the framerate now being uncapped during loading.
This feature is in Beta, so if you experience any negative effects, please disable it.
Interaction Priority Changes
ZOS has added new rules for determining which things you'll interact with when there's a potential conflict. Generally speaking, interactable objects that are valuable (such as resource nodes and lootable corpses) will have priority over things that are mobile or player-made (such as Companions and Mementos). You should also have less of a problem attempting to interact with doors, Dye Stations, and other permanently available interactable objects, even when they're surrounded by Jubilee Cakes or Sorcerer pets!!!
New Homes Waking Flame DLC
There are two new homes available for testing in this update!
- Sweetwater Cascades: Set in an idyllic location between Khajiiti and Imperial lands, this tranquil villa draws upon the Anequina Aqueduct for its dancing fountains and deep cisterns. After relaxing outside, retreat indoors to enjoy healthy nourishment and restful sleep.
- Doomchar Plateau: Forged in the fires of the Deadlands, this lava-ringed plateau features a stunning view of Daedric landmarks and a solid foundation on which to build your very own Daedric dwelling. Live dangerously within the realm controlled by Prince Mehrunes Dagon! (Note: Doomchar Plateau can be previewed from its entrance southwest of the Dra’bul wayshrine in Malabal Tor, but is not yet available to own.)
New Furnishings Waking Flame DLC
Update 31 will bring a ton new furnishings into the game and will also update existing furnishings! For more information on new furnishings please visit the Waking Flame DLC Furnishings List
Rolis Hlaalu, the Mastercraft Mediator, has 7 new furnishing plans available for purchase:
- Diagram: Deadlands Torture Rack
- Pattern: Leyawiin Tapestry, Hunting Party
- Blueprint: Leyawiin Divider, Carved Starfish
- Praxis: Leyawiin Hearth, Carved Wood
- Design: Leyawiin Bowl, Squid Special
- Formula: Blackwood Cottage Painting, Unframed
- Sketch: Leyawiin Lightpost, Ornate
As usual, Rolis has also handed the prior set of furnishing plans over to his assistant, Faustina Curio. These can now be purchased at the reduced price of 100 writ vouchers:
- Diagram: Dwarven Minecart, Ornate
- Pattern: Solitude Yarn Rack, Colorful
- Blueprint: Solitude Well, Noble
- Praxis: Solitude Hearth, Rounded Tall
- Formula: Vampiric Cauldron, Distilled Coagulant
- Design: Provisioning Station, Solitude Grill
- Sketch: Dwarven Crystal Sconce, Mirror
Faustina has bundled up the Western Skyrim plans into a new Furnishing Folio, which can be purchased for 700 writ vouchers and contains the following plans:
- Diagram: Vampiric Chandelier, Azure Wrought-Iron
- Pattern: Solitude Loom, Warp-Weighted
- Blueprint: Solitude Game, Blood-on-the-Snow
- Praxis: Ancient Nord Monolith, Head
- Formula: Winter Cardinal Painting, In Progress
- Design: Solitude Smoking Rack, Fish
- Sketch: Blackreach Geode, Iridescent
A new set of 21 Leyawiin Structural Furnishing Recipes are now available from Leyawiin Reward Coffers, which can be obtained by completing World Boss or Delve Boss daily quests in Blackwood. These include a variety of walls and platforms, as well as several doors, a wooden stairway, and other structural elements!
- Please note this requires the Blackwood Chapter to access.
Champion Point System
Since ZOS is constantly working on the new Champion Point System
, we will also have new updates in two of the three major trees so far! The ESO Champion Point Calculator
will be updated once the patch goes live.Fitness
- Added three new sub constellations to the Fitness treefocusing on more core combat gameplay interaction, as well as focusing on more universal engagement for PvE encounters as the original nodes tend to have very limited diversity in that regard. Each of these constellations is filled with new slottable stars only.
- Wind Chaser sub constellation, focused on movement speed and Sprinting
- Celerity: Increases Movement Speed by 2% per stage, 5 stages, 10 points per stage
- Thrill of the Hunt: Whenever you kill an enemy you gain Major Expedition for 3 seconds per stage, 2 stages, 25 points per stage
- Refreshing Stride: You gain 100 Health and Magicka Recovery per stage while sprinting, 5 stages, 10 points per stage
- Survivor’s Spite sub constellation, focused on pushing back and fighting against the odds
- Sustained by Suffering: Increases your Health, Magicka, and Stamina Recovery by 30 per stage while under the effects of a negative effect, 5 stages, 10 points per stage
- Pain’s Refuge: Reduces your damage taken by 1% per negative effect on you up to a maximum of 20%, 1 stage, 50 points
- Relentlessness: Gain Major Protection for 3 seconds after being Stunned or Feared, 1 stage, 50 points
- Walking Fortress sub constellation, focused on Block and Damage Shields
- Bracing Anchor: Increases Block Mitigation by 4% per stage but lowers your movement speed by 16% at all stages, 5 stages, 10 points per stage
- Ward Master: Reduces your damage taken by 2% while blocking with a Damage Shield active, 5 stages, 10 points per stage
- Soothing Shield: When you successfully block an attack, you have a 15% chance to restore 147 Health per stage, 5 stages, 10 points per stage
- Ironclad: Renamed this passive to Fortified to prevent confusion for legacy players, as the original Ironclad has made its return in Warfare.
- Ironclad: This Champion star makes its return as a slottable star in the Warfare tree, reducing damage taken from direct damage attacks by 2% per stage, 5 stages, 10 points per stage.