The Midyear Mayhem in-game event for Cyrodiil, the Imperial City, and the Battlegrounds begins this Thursday, January 28 at 10:00AM EST
, and the fight will continue until Tuesday, February 9 at 10:00AM EST
During this event, you can claim additional rewards when battling your fellow players in PvP activities, including double XP and Alliance points and event-specific collectibles, Achievements, and titles.
The Imperial City DLC
can be claimed for FREE in the Crown Store.
How can I join the ESO Midyear Mayhem?
All you need to do is get the Scroll of Pelinal's Ferocity to activate the buff. The quest is very short, below you can find the explanation of how to get the quest.
- Visit the in-game Crown Store to acquire the “Details on the Midyear Mayhem" quest
- Travel to your Alliance War faction's main gate in Cyrodiil using the Alliance War menu (L on PC) or a Battlegrounds camp outside major cities
- You are no longer required to travel to Cyrodiil to kick off the event
- Find the NPC named “Predicant Maera" and continue the quest
- If you already completed the quest last year, you won't need to do it again
- Complete the quest to receive your Scroll of Pelinal's Ferocity and a Pelinal's Midyear Boon Box
- Use the scroll to enjoy a two-hour, 100% buff in the Alliance War in Cyrodiil, Imperial City, and Battlegrounds to:
- Alliance Points gained
- XP gains for PvP player kills
How long does the AP & EXP Midyear Mayhem buff last?
The "Scroll of Pelinal's Ferocity
" lasts for two hours. After the buff expired you can reactivate it and use it as many times as you want while the ESO Midyear Mayhem event is active.
Tip: Before the event ends, you can rebuff all your characters with the scroll, to enjoy another full 2 hours of extra AP & EXP even after the event is over. That only works when you rebuff yourself before the event ends. You can still use the scroll after the event ends but you won't get any buff anymore.
Rewards during the ESO Midyear Mayhem Event!
In addition to bonus Alliance Points and XP, you can also earn Midyear Mayhem-specific collectibles, reward boxes, and more.
New Ebonsteel Armor Outfit Style Pages
Become a true knight of Tamriel with these new tradeable Outfit Style pages, dropped by bosses in the Imperial City, including those found in the city itself and the sewers.
Second Legion Outfit Style Pages
Wear the classically Imperial raiment of the Imperial City’s Second Legion with new tradeable Outfit Style pages, dropped by bosses within the Imperial City, including those found in the city itself and the sewers.
Legion Zero Outfit Style Pages
You can also earn tradeable Outfit Style pages for the Legion Zero’s armor, also dropped from bosses in the Imperial City and Imperial City sewers.
Second Legion Outfit
Earned by collecting 10 Standard-Bearer’s Emblems, found within the first Pelinal’s Midyear Boon Box you open each day per account. Combine 10 of them with a Standard-Bearer’s License (on sale for 50,000 AP) from Predicant Maera to create a Runebox with the emote.
Midyear Victor's Laurel Wreath Collectible
As always, you can earn the Midyear Victor’s Laurel Wreath collectible by completing all of the Midyear Mayhem Achievements below:
- Mayhem Connoisseur: Receive the blessing of the Whitestrake at one of the Alliance Gates during the Midyear Mayhem.
- Echo of Pelinal's Fury: Read a Scroll of Pelinal's Ferocity during the Midyear Mayhem.
- Hand of the Whitestrake: Acquire your 25th Pelinal's Midyear Boon Box.
- Wrath of the Whitestrake: Defeat 50 opponents during the Midyear Mayhem.
- Pelinavant the Scourge: Win a Battleground match during the Midyear Mayhem.
- Pelinaline the Bloody: Capture a Keep in Cyrodiil during the Midyear Mayhem. Pelinerrif Insurgent: Capture an Imperial District during the Midyear Mayhem.
- Pelinerrif Insurgent: Capture an Imperial District during the Midyear Mayhem.
Note that access to the Imperial City DLC
game pack is required to earn all of the above Achievements, so pick it up free from the in-game Crown Store!
Star-Made Wolfshead Costume
Boon Boxes - More Rewards for the Midyear Mayhem in ESO!
As you battle your fellow players in Cyrodiil, the battlegrounds, and the Imperial City, you’ll also earn "Pelinal’s Midyear Boon Boxes
". You can get these in addition to your regular Rewards for the Worthy containers and as PvP daily quest rewards from the following:
- Battleground quests from Battlemaster Rivyn
- Scouting, Battle, Warfront, and Conquest Missions
- Elder Scroll capture and recapture quests
- Town quests in Vlastarus, Bruma, Cropsford, Cheydinhal, and Chorrol
- Imperial City daily quests
When you receive and open one of "Pelinal’s Midyear Boon Boxes
", you have a chance to receive the following items:
- Transmute Crystals
- Alchemy reagents
- PvP consumables such as repair kits, forward camps, and siege weapons
- Motif pages for the Alliance and Akaviri styles
- Style items for your Alliance
- Akaviri style items
- Coldharbour siege weapons
- Prismatic Runestones
- Books of Pelinal housing items
- New Fragments for a runebox containing the Alliance Breton Terrier pet
Breton Terrier Pet
Resource Notes and “The Golden”
Finally, throughout the event, harvesting nodes within Cyrodiil and the Imperial City will drop double their regular resources
, and the Cyrodiil merchant Adhazabi Aba-daro (The Golden Vendor)
stocks Alliance War Legendary-quality jewelry, with necklaces during the first weekend and rings during the second.
Week 1: Necklaces
Week 2: Rings
Unstable Morpholiths & Event Tickets
During the Midyear Mayhem event, you can earn up to four Event Tickets per day by completing two different PvP activities:
- Two tickets for completing any Cyrodiil or Battlegrounds daily quest
- One ticket for completing any Imperial City district daily quests (The quests you get after going up the ladder in the disctrict. For example Elven Garden District questgiver is called Quintia Rullus and wants you to burn Ballistae)
The Event Ticket timer resets at 1:00AM EDT each morning. Note that if you earn new Event Tickets over the 12-limit cap, you’ll lose them. Good thing there’s plenty of things to spend them on at Impresario vendor during the event:
This Midyear Mayhem event also introduces a brand-new series of base and upgrade fragments for the year! These fragments will allow you to summon the new Unstable Morpholith pet and eventually upgrade the pet into different items throughout 2021. You can begin collecting your pet fragments by picking them up from the Impresario for Event Tickets.
- Unstable Morpholith base fragments
- Including the Deadlands Flint, Rune-Etched Striker, and Smoldering Bloodgrass Tinder
- The first Unstable Morpholith upgrade fragment
- The Rune-Scribed Daedra Hide
- Ebonsteel Armor Outfit Style pages (can’t be traded)
- Second Legion Outfit Style pages (can’t be traded)
- Breton Terrier pet
- Midyear Grab Bags
- Containing a collectible you don’t currently have from previous Midyear Mayhem events
- Group Repair Kits
Unstable Morpholith Pet (Yes, it is a stone)
Once you have all three base fragments
from the Unstable Morpholith, you’ll be able to summon your Unstable Morpholith pet
from your Collections UI. During the event, you can also collect the first upgrade fragment to eventually upgrade your Morpholith into the Deadlands Scorcher skin!
Deadlands Scorcher Skin
Crown Store Items Midyear Mayhem
During the ESO Midyear Mayhem event you can also get some very specific Crown Store
The Siegemaster's Warhorse
mount will be available in the Crown Store on all platforms for a limited time, during Midyear Mayhem. Stay tuned for event details!
"Like the holds and keeps that prevent enemies from vanquishing them, this warhorse is fortified to prevent foes from taking it down quickly. Join forces with this prodigious mount to besiege opposing forces and take over their holdings!"
Ebonsteel Knight Arms Pack
The Ebonsteel Knight Arms Pack will be available in the Crown Store on all platforms for a limited time, during Midyear Mayhem. Stay tuned for event details! Also during the event, Style Pages for the Ebonsteel Knight Armor pieces will have a chance to drop from Imperial City boss encounters, or will be purchasable with Event Tickets from The Impresario.
"Gather your gear and ready yourselves for mayhem! Alter your weapon's appearance by using this complete set of Ebonsteel Knight Outfit styles."
Ebonsteel Arms Pack
PvP Builds & Recommendations
If you plan to fight in Cyrodiil, Imperial City or battlegrounds we always recommend playing within a group. Playing solo is extremely difficult and not recommended for new players. If you need pvp builds, we do recommend checking out the PVP Builds