Zenimax Online Studios are going to release their next big chapter Blackwood on June 1st 2021 for PC and a week later on the 8th of June for Consoles.
This time we are going to meet Mehrunes Dagon’s henchmen and learn about his schemes 800 years before the events of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. A new year long adventure that will start in Leyawiin in Blackwood, an Imperial city right next to Argonian territory.
We will get something completely new to the game, namely companions, a new 12-player raid called Rockgrove, entirely new World Events, the Oblivion Gates, a major overhaul of the Champion Points and for Console fans we get a complete workover of visual quality and performance!
Release PC: June 1st, 2021
Release Consoles: June 8th, 2021Release Console Enhanced:
June 15th, 2021
Lost Relics of Blackwood (Mythic Sets
) - six powerful new gear sets, dark collectibles, achievements etc
LeyawiinBLACKWOOD & STORY
With the Blackwood chapter we get to explore Blackwood, an area partly Imperial, partly Argonian, as it reaches from Leyawiin far into Shadowfen. It features over 30 hours of story content which allows players to explore an entirely new place in Tamriel.
In Flames of Ambition, which was released in Quarter 1, we learned about a cult that was preparing Daedric shrines for rituals and in the Prequel Quest to Blackwood, we learned from Lyranth and the Wood Elf Eveli Sharp-Arrow of operations of a sinister Daedric cult.
Q3: Unknown TBA
Q4: Unknown TBA
The Longhouse Emperors have made a pact with the Prince of Destruction, and all of Tamriel is threatened by their ambition! You start close to Leyawiin, an Imperial city. The region is full of Daedric influence and its people struggle to survive in the region.
The player can explore the Niben Forest and the open wetlands of the Blackwood bog, meet Argonians that have adapted to the Imperial lifestyle and venture deep into the bog to uncover where the Daedric threat is coming from.
Players will be able to investigate a conspiracy that involves the deposed Longhouse Emperors and uncover a deadly pact. Mehrunes Dagon seems to be behind all of this, but what are his exact plans and how is he doing this?
Bastian and Mirri Companions
NEW COMPANION SYSTEM
For the first time in ESO’s history, players will now be able to recruit their very own companion
which will travel alongside and fight with them. The player will meet them randomly in the world and will have to do their introduction quest in order to get them as a companion. Blackwood introduces two at first, an Imperial called Bastian Hallix
and Mirri Elendis
, a Darkelf. The player will be able to summon them and interact with them like any NPC, except for that they have their own menu with skills, a rapport and can wear their own equipment!
ROCKGROVE - NEW 12-PLAYER RAID
Daedric-worshipping Argonians have taken over a village called Rockgrove
. They plan on summoning Mehrunes Dagon’s armies and need to be stopped. Players can experience this trial on both Normal and Veteran difficulty, with many new rewards! Please visit the Rockgrove Trial Guide
OBLIVION PORTALS - NEW WORLD EVENT
This time we get to experience a dynamic World Event, where we will be able to find Oblivion Portals
all throughout Blackwood. They lead to the Deadlands, Mehrunes Dagon’s realm and are technically a Public Dungeon, so that many players can join in from all over Blackwood. Fight against Mehrunes Dagon’s Daedra and hinder him from entering Nirn!
These are account-wide and limited time activities that reward the player with a new currency called Seals of Endeavor. This is a new currency for fulfilling Daily and Weekly tasks. With these Seals of Endeavor, the player can buy in-game items which are usually just purchasable with Crown Gems from the Crown Crates part of the store. You can also check out the Endeavors Guide
for further information.
With "Blackwood" we will get an entirely new tutorial
, but one that is to stay this time! In the past we always had a new tutorial with every new expansion, but this time ZOS created a tutorial that has an overall story arch and is not thematically aligned with any current chapter.
CHAMPION POINT WORKOVER
In response to the feedback that there is still too much vertical progression in the Champion Point
system, the maximum number of stages have been reduced for passive stars (non-slotted) available. This will lower the vertical progression cap to a lot less in both the Warfare tree, as well as the Fitness tree. It will also reduce the maximum power of the Champion Point system as well. All ESO Builds
are updated with the new Champion Point update.
There will be a lot of new antiquities as well as 5 new Mythic Items
! Once we get the chance to get on the real PTS, we will add the new sets to the Sets Overview Page
like we always do.
- Death Dealer's Fete - The longer you are in combat, the more it increases your resources. If you are out of combat, you will lose those stacks of resources.
- Gaze of Sithis - This adds a ton of Health and Health Recovery, additionally to a great amount of armor. It will reduce your Block Mitigation to 0, though.
- Harpooner's Wading Kilt - This will continuously increase your Critical Chance and Critical Damage for every second you are in combat without taking direct damage.
- Harvester's Hope-Ring - This ring will apply a stack of bonus material chance from harvesting. It does not apply to Crafting Surveys or holiday events.
- Shapeshifter's Chain - This will reduce the cost of your Transformation Ultimate abilities. Additionally, it increases your maximum resources.
New Sets in the Blackwood Chapter
Like always, there will be plenty of new sets. Once we have access to the real PTS, we will add all of the new sets to the Sets Overview Page
The full data of the sets below will be revealed once we get to the real PTS.
Trial Sets (Both Imperfect and Perfect exist):
- Stone-Talker's Oath (Light) - Adds Magicka Recovery. Gain Minor Aegis at all times. Adds Maximum Magicka. Your fully-charged Heavy Attacks place a soul bomb on your target that charges as the target takes damage. After a few seconds the bomb explodes, restoring a small amount of the damage receives as Stamina and Magicka to 12 group members within a large range of the explosion.
- Bahsei's Mania (Light) - Adds Spell Damage. Gain Minor Slayer at all times. Adds Spell Critical. Increases your damage done to non-player enemies by up to X% based on your missing Magicka.
- Sul-Xan's Torment (Medium) - Adds Weapon Damage. Gain Minor Slayer at all times. Adds Weapon Critical. When an enemy you recently damaged dies, they leave behind a vengeful soul for a few seconds. You can only create one vengeful soul at a time. Touching the soul increases your Weapon Critical greatly and your Critical Damage for a long period of time.
- Saxhleel Champion (Heavy) - Adds Maximum Magicka. Gain Minor Aegis all the times. Adds Maximum Stamina. When you cast an Ultimate ability, you and up to 11 group members within a large area of you gain Major Force for a long time, increasing your Critical Damage done by a large amount.
- Frostbite (Light) - Adds Spell Damage, Spell Critical and increases your damage done with Frost abilities. It increases your damage done against Chilled enemies, as well as against enemies afflicted with Minor Brittle.
- Deadlands Assassin (Medium) - Adds Weapon Damage and Maximum Stamina. Deals damage to an enemy within 10 meters of you with a Heavy Attack that causes you to throw a cone of knives, dealing Physical Damage to enemies hit.
- Bog Raider (Heavy) - Adds Maximum resources. When an enemy you have recently damaged dies, you gain Ultimate and increase your Health Recovery.
IC (Monster Set):
- Glorgoloch the Destroyer- Adds Health and increases your Armor per second in combat, plus your Critical Resistance. If you move or leave combat, it will remove the stacks.
- Immolator Charr- Adds Armor and Health. While below 50% Health you will gain immunity to immobilization, snares and crowd control effects.
- Zoal the Ever-Wakeful- Adds Stamina and when you Break Free, you will release a wave of Watcher energy, causing enemies in close range to become feared. You will also gain Weapon and Spell Damage for each enemy hit, up to 6 enemies.
- Hist Whisperer - Adds resource regeneration and restores resources upon Light and Medium Attacks. Dealing damage with a fully-charged Heavy Attack will double the amount of resources gained. (Requires 3 traits)
- Diamond's Victory - Adds Weapon and Spell Damage, as well as Critical Chance. Dealing direct melee damage grants you Range Supremacy, adding even more Weapon and Spell Damage to your damage over time and ranged attacks for a specific amount of time. (Requires 5 traits)
- Heartland Conqueror- Adds Weapon and Spell Damage, as well as Maximum Magicka and Stamina. Increases the effectiveness of your Weapon Traits. This does not effect Ornate or Intricate traits. (Requires 7 traits)
Launching a week after the Blackwood Chapter on June 15, Console Enhanced allows ESO to run natively on the Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5, harnessing the horsepower of new-generation console tech to dramatically improve the game’s visual fidelity and performance on those machines. All new ESO players can access Console Enhanced immediately upon purchasing, and for existing players, it is available as a free upgrade!PURCHASING OPTIONS
If you are unsure which version you should purchase, here is a quiz
There are four unique editions of Blackwood currently available for pre-purchase:
- The Elder Scrolls Online Collection: Blackwood
- The Elder Scrolls Online Collection: Blackwood Collector's Edition
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood Upgrade
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood Upgrade Collector's Edition
THE ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE COLLECTION: BLACKWOOD
This edition includes the ESO base game, ALL previous Chapters (Morrowind, Summerset, Elsweyr, and Greymoor) and the Blackwood Chapter. In addition to this, you will also receive the pre-purchase rewards at launch and immediate access to the Nagahide Welwa Ravager Mount and Nightmare Bear Cub Pet** (limited time only).
THE ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE COLLECTION: BLACKWOOD COLLECTOR’S EDITION
This edition includes the ESO base game, ALL previous Chapters (Morrowind, Summerset, Elsweyr, and Greymoor) and the Blackwood Chapter. Upon pre-purchase you will receive immediate access to the base game and previous Chapters and get access to the Blackwood Chapter upon its launch in June. In addition to this, you will also receive the pre-purchase rewards AND Collector’s Edition digital items (including the CE digital items for all the previous Chapters, too) at launch and immediate access to the Nagahide Welwa Ravager mount and Nightmare Bear Cub pet (limited time only).
THE ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE: BLACKWOOD UPGRADE
This edition includes the Blackwood Chapter. Upon pre-purchase you will get access to the Blackwood Chapter and pre-purchase rewards at launch and enjoy immediate access to the Nagahide Welwa Ravager Mount and Nightmare Bear Cub Pet (limited time only).
THE ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE: BLACKWOOD UPGRADE COLLECTOR’S EDITION
This edition includes the Blackwood Chapter. Upon pre-purchase you will get access to the Blackwood Chapter, the pre-purchase rewards, AND Collector’s Edition digital items at launch and enjoy immediate access to the Nagahide Welwa Ravager mount and Nightmare Bear Cub pet (limited time only).
Nagahide Welwa Ravager
Nightmare Bear Cub
Dremora Kynreeve Outfit
Deadlands Wamasu Pet
1x Iron Atronach Crate
3x Blackwood Treasure Map
2x Experience Scrolls
• Battlefield Nightmare Senche Mount
• Jewel-Feathered Sep Adder Pet
• Temporal Grimoire Memento
• Deadlands Gladiator Outfit Style
• Offer Weapon Emote.
Does ESO Blackwood include all DLC?
Blackwood Normal Edition includes all previous chapters, such as Morrowind, Summerset, Elsweyr and Greymoor.
How much is the Blackwood upgrade?
The Blackwood Upgrade costs €39.99 or , and the Collector’s Edition costs €54.99 or
Do I get Greymoor If I buy Blackwood?
Yes, you do get Greymoor and all previous Chapters for free if you buy the Collection. The Upgrade doesn't give you Greymoor.
Is Blackwood included with ESO plus?
No, Blackwood is a Chapter and therefore not included in ESO+. You will get access to all DLCs, though.
Is ESO Blackwood worth buying?
Yes, because Blackwood has a ton of new features, such as in-game companions, 30+ hours of story content, a new trial and much more!