The Firesong DLC finally launched on Console (PS/XBOX) for ESO (The Elder Scrolls Online). This Update seemed to have wrecked havoc on some things in new and old content. Let us take a quick look at what these issues are, so you can prepare yourself and don't waste time on things that are bugged.
List of bugged things during the Firesong DLC Console Launch
Here are the things that you should be aware off when playing the Firesong DLC on console:
- Block isn't fully working, it gets interrupted when you dodge roll or bash.
- Unobtainable Leads: True Way Clay Dials and Storm-Weathered Drafting Top
- The Frog Metal Buckle lead can be obtained, but only on Tier 1 to Tier 9 Blacksmithing. Tier 10 is buggy.
- The game can crash when you use the "hide followers" option. It is recommended not to use this function until it is fixed.
Lots of bugs have already been fixed, here is a list of things that were fixed:
- DK Standard Ultimate stacking
- Bank in Vastyr not having a guild store
- Siege weapons not disappearing in Cyrodiil
- Not getting ported out after placing the crown/gauntlet/staff during the quest "The Ivy Throne"
- Sulks-While-Fenced granting crafting materials after being pet
- Guild permissions not working
- Most of the game crashes are fixed that appeared on the PC launch of Firesong.
Creative Director apologizes for the buggy launch
"Without sugar coating things, we dropped the ball - no excuses, we will do better in the future".
The Creative Director made a small thread apologizing for the fact that the ESO Firesong DLC launch was a complete disaster.
It was quite a surprise to see the ESO Firesong DLC launched in such a state. After all, ZOS managed to release the Q1, Q2, Q3 content without many issues. Another frustrating thing was that the playerbase had to wait quite a while for confirmation on certain bugs, such as the leads. It took over a week to get any info on the missing leads and they are still not fixed two weeks after the launch on PC.
We would also assume that a problem like the block bug has a high priority, yet it is still bugged and hinders progress for players doing dungeons or trials over two weeks after launch.
It looks like ZOS is still short-staffed, they have plenty of open job positions and with four content releases a year time and resources are scarce.