The ESO Gates of Oblivion event is a celebration of the Blackwood chapter in ESO (Elder Scrolls Online) and is a bigger event that will unlock many new rewards by earning the Blackwood Pathfinder achievement.
In this Event you'll be able to earn Event Tickets by completing Deadlands and Blackwood content, which you'll then be able to spend to obtain special rewards. In this guide we will explain how the event works and showcase the available rewards, and how to obtain them.
How to get started with the ESO Gates of Oblivion Event
While some events in ESO require you to complete an introduction quest before you can fully access the bonuses afforded by the event, this is not the case with the Gates of Oblivion Event.
To get started you simply need to complete a daily quest in Blackwood or the Deadlands, and you'll automatically earn rewards.
However, you can complete an optional introduction quest by navigating to the "Events" section of the Crown Store and grabbing the Burdensome Beasts quest (it's free). This gives you a quest which will introduce you to the Gates of Oblivion Event.
Gates of Oblivion Event Extra Rewards
- Extra drops from defeating World Bosses and Delve Bosses
- Extra yield from resource nodes, such as ore veins, runestones and plants
- Extra rewards from Daily Quests
- Extra rewards from Rockgrove bosses
- Extra rewards from defeating bosses in The Dread Cellar, Red Petal Bastion, Black Drake Villa, or The Cauldron.
ESO Gates of Oblivion Reward Boxes
In the ESO Gates of Oblivion Event, you'll be able to earn special reward boxes containing various rewards that aren't normally obtainable. In this section we'll go over how to earn these, and what you can find in them.
How to Earn Gates of Oblivion Coffers
There are two types of reward boxes/coffers available in the Gates of Oblivion Event. The gold-quality Glorious Reward Coffer is much rarer. You can earn up to two of these per day:
Subsequent Daily Quest and dungeon completions will instead reward a Purple-quality reward box, which are less likely to contain the rarest rewards available in this Event (more on those below). You can also earn these boxes by completing some other activities in Blackwood and the Deadlands, such as:
- Defeating World Bosses
- Defeating Delve Bosses
- Harvesting Resource Nodes
Gates of Oblivion Reward Coffers Contents
We don't yet have an exhaustive list of the possible contents of the Gates of Oblivion reward boxes. However we do know that you'll be able to obtain pages of the new Y'ffre's Fallen-Wood style motif. These are more likely to be found in the gold quality coffers.
Gates of Oblivion Event Tickets
You will be able to earn Event Tickets during the Gates of Oblivion Event in ESO.
You can get two Event Tickets per daily reset by completing any of the following tasks:
During the Gates of Oblivion ESO Event, the Impresario vendor will sell the following items in exchange for Event Tickets:
- Bound Style Pages for the Y'ffre's Fallen-Wood style motif - 5 Event Tickets each
- All fragments of the Passion Dancer Blossom pet: Chartreuse Lily Petals, Enchanted Silver Flute and Mystical Sheet Music - 5 Event Tickets each
- The first two fragments of the Hoardhunter Ursauk Mount: Blessed Honeycomb and Gilded and Dyed Saddle - 10 Event Tickets each
- Gates of Oblivion Grab Bag: Grants a random reward from a previous year's event that you do not already own - 2 Event Tickets each
- Companion Guild Commendations: Immediately levels up a Companion's Fighters, Mages or Undaunted Guild skill by 1 rank - 3 Event Tickets each
- Impresario's Group Repair Kit - 2 Event Tickets each
Indrik Vendor Rewards
Alternatively, you can choose to spend your Event Tickets at the Indrik Vendor to purchase various Indrik mounts and pets. The avaiable Indriks change depending on the time of year.
During Gates of Oblivion, you can purchase the following from the Indrik Vendor:
- All feathers for the Nascent Indrik mount (Required to "transform" into the other Indrik Varieties with berries) - 5 Tickets each
- All four berries required for the Crimson Indrik mount - 10 Event Tickets each
- All four berries required for the Pure-Snow Indrik mount - 10 Event Tickets each
- Frost-Light Indrik pet - 10 Event Tickets
- Rosethorn Indrik pet - 10 Event Tickets