In order to engage with a companion, talking to them will initiate a conversation and you can select the Companion Menu option.
On the first page on the left side the Equipment is available. A player has to carry the equipment they want their companion to wear in their inventory, otherwise it will not be possible to equip it. A companion has the same equipment slots as the player, except for only being able to slot one weapon set, as they only have one ability bar. The quality of the equipment ranges from normal to epic, with being either traitless or having specific traits. A player will not be able to craft companion gear, but will have to find the equipment.
Companion equipment does not include level, cannot be enchanted, does not require repairs and does not include an inherent style appearance, but instead inherits the style of the companion it's applied to.
White companion equipment can be purchased from Weaponsmith, Woodworker, Armorer, Leatherworker, and Tailor merchants throughout the world, particularly from bosses. This equipment can be traded so it can be bought and sold on the market.
The traits are as follows:
- Aggressive - Increases companion damage output (per equipped piece).
- Augmented - Increases the duration of all companion buffs and debuffs (per equipped piece).
- Bolstered - Reduces the Damage Taken by a companion (per equipped piece).
- Focused - Increases the Critical Strike Rating of a companion (per equipped piece).
- Prolific- Increases the Ultimate regeneration of a companion (per equipped piece).
- Quickened- Reduces the Ability cooldown of the companion (per equipped piece).
- Shattering - Increases the Penetration of a companion (per equipped piece).
- Soothing - Increases the Healing Done of a companion (per equipped piece).
- Vigorous - Increases the Maximum Health of a companion (per equipped piece).