Because everything gets scaled, there are tons of good grind spots in the game. The open world grindspots usually give the most experience, if you are not being interrupted by others. If all of these grindspots are full, you can also go into Skyreach Catacombs or do the first arena of Blackrose Prison on normal (DLC).
- Easiest grindspots for Beginners with the base game are Greenshade, Alik’r Desert, Coldharbour (No DLC required)
- Easiest grindspots for Beginners with Orsinium DLC is Old Orsinium or Rkindaleft Public Dungeon.
- Most effective grind is in the Imperial Sewers grindspot but also toughest and most dangerous because PVP zone (Imperial City)
- Instanced grindspot can be found in Skyreach Catacombs in Craglorn, relatively decent EXP but it has one advantage, it is intanced so nobody is going to bother you (No DLC required)
- Very effective grind spots but crowded most of times can be found in Spellscar and Forgotten Wastes
Greenshade Zombie Grind (No DLC required)
The Zombies here are very easy to kill and you can pull a lot of them together at once, very good Experience. However, this grindspot is usually only free in the morning as it is very popular. The Verrant Morass Wayshrine is close by, make sure to unlock it so you can teleport there again.
Alik’r Desert Zombie Grind (No DLC required)
This is another very good Zombie grinding spot, same as with Greenshade, quite popular so make sure to grind in the morning. Zombies die very fast and barely do any damage. The Sentinel Wayshrine is close by make sure to unlock the wayshrine.
Coldharbour Zombie Grind (No DLC required)
You need to teleport to someone to instantly access this grinding spot, also very popular and no DLC is required to grind here. Zombies die very fast and barely do any damage.
Court of Contempt (Coldharbour)
This is also one of everyone's favorite grind spots, it is easy to access once you have Coldharbour unlocked and you will be killing a lot of Undead and Daedra which also levels up your Fighters Guild at the same time! Occasionally questers run through this area, but they usually move on pretty fast.
For more information and different locations please visit Alcast's Guide
upon which this guide is based.