In the first part of the Antiquities Grind Guide we are going to take a look how the experience points are set up for the Antiquities system in the Elder Scrolls Online.
To reach the maximum level you will have to gain a total of 700 points in the Scrying and Excavation skill line. They level up in a similar speed and achievements also count towards experience points.
Leads Experience Gain
Depending on the quality of the lead that you work on, you will gain a different amount of experience points. At first, you will only be able to use green leads, once you reach level 3 you can also work on blue leads and so on.
You can get green, blue, purple and gold leads at any level. However, you will need a specific level to actually be able to use the leads! For example, you can get gold leads even if you are at level 1 or you don’t have the skill-line at all, but you can only use them (scry, excavate) when you are at minimum level 7.
In the second part of the Antiquities Grind Guide we are going to take a look how you can start grinding and get from the first level to the third level in both the Scrying skill line and Excavation skill line.
Level 1-3 Grind
By far the fastest way to get from level 1 to level 5 is in the Artaeum zone
. The zone is very small, that means you don’t have to run very far to get to the next digging site, that way you can repeat this process a lot faster, whereas on bigger maps you will have to travel further.
- Once you obtained the Scrying and Excavation skill line like shown in the otherAntiquities guide, you will get a green lead for each zone, Artaeum included.
- The basicgreen lead that you get in each zone can be repeated as many times as you want, making it very easy to pump your level up to 3.
Now all you have to do is grind with the green lead
in Artaeum (or any other place) and repeat the process till you hit level 3. The green lead can be used as many times as you want, therefore you can always instantly repeat the process and gain experience and because we are in the Artaeum zone, the next digging hole isn't far away!
Artaeum Zone Free Green Lead (Repeatable)
Level 3-5 Grind
From level 3 to 5 we also stay in Artaeum zone for the fastest leveling process. With level 3 you will be able to use blue leads
. Once you finish the basic green lead
it will always include a blue lead
as a reward. And there we already have our next hamster wheel.
- Complete the green lead, obtain ablue lead from the reward, complete the blue lead. That way you gain 4 experience points (1 from green, 3 from blue).
- The blue lead will disappear, time to complete the green lead again to obtain theblue lead through the reward again.
- Repeat till you hit level 5.
Image: Here you can see once you complete the green lead you will always obtain a blue lead, the only requirement is that you are level 3 to get the blue lead.
Blue Lead from Green Lead Digging Hole
Level 5-7 Grind
Here is where it gets a bit more interesting, the concept is the same, but now we are going through ALL the zones in the Elder Scrolls Online. We will once again start with the Artaeum zone.
- Complete the green lead, obtain a blue lead from the reward, complete the blue lead, obtain a purple lead from the reward, complete the purple lead. That way you gain 9 experience points (1 from green, 3 from blue, 5 from purple).
- Both the blue lead and purple lead will disappear once you have completed them.
Now we have the problem that we can’t repeat this process, because the purple lead
won’t come back! Only the green lead
and the blue lead
are repeatable with the above method, but don't worry!
Solution: Repeat the process in all zones
. That way we get to do the green lead
, blue lead
, purple lead
and move onto the next zone. That is possible because we get a green lead in each zone as a “freebie/starter lead”.
That should get you to level 7 for both the Scrying skill line and the Excavation skill line. Now you can technically already use gold leads
, to get the different parts needed for Mythic items
Level 7-10 Grind
To make the last jump to level 10 we are going to be collecting as many gold leads
(or any other quality lead) as possible by killing monsters, bosses etc. That way you can already be productive while you are grinding up to level 10 in both the skill lines.
The best ways to farm leads:
- Treasure Chests
- World Bosses
- Psijic Rifts
- Public Dungeons (Bosses & Treasure Chests)
- Thieves Troves
- Random Monsters
You can find a full list of all the lead drop locations in the Antiquties Location List Guide
. With this method you can already get plenty of leads before even reaching level 10!