Welcome to the ESO skills overview page. In this category of the website you can find a library of all the Elder Scrolls Online skills. The ESO skills library is always kept up to date and reflects the data ingame. Please check the ESO skill categories below to find the right subcategory. Each subcategory will have a full list of all the individual skills and passives of that skill-line.
- Advanced Search - You can either use the search bar and the filters to search for skills, or you can visit the respective categories.
- Compare Skills - Please visit the ESO Skills Compare Tool to compare skills.
- Popular Categories - Racial Skills - Guild Skills
The tooltip values of the skills are taken from an empty level 50 character. That way you can compare the different stats of each skill, because they all have the same base character values. The tooltip numbers ingame will always be higher because you will run a fully optimized build.
Alchemy Crafting for The Elder Scrolls Online
Alchemy Crafting Guides for The Elder Scrolls Online. Alchemy, Ingredients, Potions, Poisons, Trait Discovery, Mixtures etc.
Enchanting Crafting Guide - Elder Scrolls Online
Enchanting Crafting Guides for The Elder Scrolls Online. Full list of all Glyphs and Runes, Leveling Guide and Passives of Enchanting etc.
Provisioning Crafting Guide - Elder Scrolls Online
Provisioning Crafting Guides for The Elder Scrolls Online. Provisioning, Ingredients, Food, Drinks, Materials, Leveling Guide, etc.
What is the best skill in ESO?For Stamina players it would be Reverse Slash and for Magicka players Unstable Wall of Elements. Tanks will have a strong tool with Pierce Armor and a Healer can't go wrong with Rapid Regeneration!
Are there skills in ESO?Yes, everyone has skills. There's Active Skills, Passive Skills and Ultimate Skills. They are also called abilities. Players can have 5 Active Skills on their action bar and as many Passive Skills as they have skill points. Per action bar side you can also slot one Ultimative Skill.
How do I learn skills in ESO?Basically, skills are being learned by gaining specific experience in a skill line. This can be achieved in many different ways, be it experience by killing enemies, by deconstructing an item and gaining inspiration (experience) or using items to level a skill line.
Can you unlock all skills in ESO?Yes you can! But in order to do so you need to collect all available skill points in the game. This is achieved by doing main story quests, collecting skyshards, leveling or doing dungeon quests, for example.
Can you get enough skills points for everything in ESO?Yes you can, it just takes a lot of time to get it. Aside from getting 50 skill points for leveling, you will also get skill points for all public dungeon group events, dungeon quests, main story quests, PvP ranks etc
Should I get every skill in ESO?It doesn't necessarily make sense getting every skill in ESO, but it makes a lot of sense leveling as many skills as possible. The more you learn the game, the more you will want to replace skills or adjust them to a specific situation. You may also want to switch roles at one point. Otherwise you can always readjust your skills!
Can you solo ESO?Yes, you can absolutely solo most of the content in ESO. There's player dedicating their entire time to achieving almost anything solo in ESO. Of course this takes time and skill, but especially in the beginning a companion can help you out if you don't have the skills yet!
How many times an you morph a skill in ESO?A skill can be morphed once only, but you can reset your skill-points to morph it again.
What's the max skill level in ESO?The max is 50 at the moment, with a few exceptions that are lower.
Can you respec skills in ESO?Yes you can reset your skills at any time at respec shrines in the main cities of any alliance, or in the main cities of each DLC/chapter.
ESO SKILLS MENU
The ESO Skills Menu gives you the ability to customize and view your character's progression in the various skill lines available to you.
These skill lines are listed under various categories displayed on the left side of the Skills Menu. Select one of these skill lines to reveal the abilities contained within it.
When you have a Skill Point available to spend, access the Skills Menu by pressing the specific key (K by default on PC). The abilities that are currently available for purchase will have a plus sign next to their ability icon. To spend a Skill Point in ESO you can purchase an ability, simply click the plus symbol, then press the E (PC default) key to confirm that you wish to unlock that ability.
ESO SKILL BAR
The Skill Bar in ESO (or Ability Bar) can be found at the bottom center of the screen when you enter combat, or when an enemy is targeted. Combat Abilities can be dragged and dropped into this tray from the Skills Menu and executed by pressing the corresponding keys (1, 2, 3, 4, 5 on the keyboard).
ESO SKILL LINES
Skill Lines in ESO contain all abilities of a specific type. Unlocking each Skill Line is done in a different way.
Weapon Skill lines:
- Kill an enemy with that weapon to unlock the weapon type
Armor Skill lines:
- Equip 3 pieces of that armor type
World Skill lines:
- Soul Magic:Complete the tutorial quest
- Legerdemain: Successfully pickpocket, pick a lock, or launder or fence a stolen item
- Vampire:Become a Vampire
- Werewolf:Become a Werewolf
- Scrying & Excavating: Start respective quest in Solitude, Western Skyrim
Guild Skill lines:
- Fighters Guild:Join the Fighters Guild
- Mages Guild: Join the Mages Guild
- Undaunted: Speak to an Undaunted member to start the intro quest
- Thieves Guild (DLC): Open a Thieves Trove or Enter Hew's Bane
- Dark Brotherhood (DLC): Complete the first quest in the Gold Coast
Alliance War Skill lines:
- Assault & Support: Gain Alliance Points by killing a player, finishing a Battleground, or completing a quest in Cyrodiil (level 10)
Racial Skill lines:
- Reach level 5
Craft Skill lines:
- Trade Skill: Craft or Deconstruct an item or complete a Crafting Writ
Leveling Skill lines in ESO
There are many skill lines available in ESO based on your character's class, racial background, equipping weapons or armor, and organizations encountered while adventuring. Most ESO skill lines gain ranks when you have their skills slotted in a weapon set and you gain experience. The more skills slotted in a weapon set from a single skill line, the faster all those skills gain ranks. Other skill lines improve through specific actions taken by your character:
- Undaunted: Dungeon achievements, Undaunted Pledges, and Bolgrul's tasks
- Dark Brotherhood: Gold Coast story quests, contracts and Sacraments
- Thieves Guild: Tip board crimes, heists, and aid Thieves Guild members
- Fighters Guild: Destroy Dark Anchors, kill Daedra or undead, and tasks for Cardea Gallus
- Mages Guild: Lore books and Alvur Baren's tasks
- Soul Magic: Complete Main Story chapters
- Werewolf: Kills in Werewolf form
- Vampire: Use Vampire skills
- Legerdemain: Fence goods, pick pockets, pick locks